BBQ Recipe for SummerFriday, June 30, 2023
Bring the side dish everyone will be fighting over to your 4th of July BBQ this summer! This baked potato salad is loaded with cheddar cheese, bacon, chives, hard-boiled egg, and a dill pickle sauce! It’s the perfect potato salad to serve at your next BBQ or party.
Delicious and quick to throw together on a hot summer day. Try the recipe for yourself!
- ½ lb. cooked bacon. Chop bacon into bitesized pieces
- 4 cups chopped potatoes (skinon)
- 2 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
Potato Salad Sauce
- ¾ cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons avocado mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons minced dill pickles
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teapsoon ground pepper
- Begin, by cooking bacon. Once cooked, remove any excess grease, and then chop into bite-sized pieces. Set aside
- Next, bring a large pot of water to a boil and add potatoes to the pot. Boil until potatoes are cooked, but still firm
- While potatoes are boiling, mix all ingredients for the potato salad sauce in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- When potatoes are done cooking, remove from heat and strain water
- Add potatoes to a large bowl along with the chopped bacon, hard boiled eggs, shredded cheddar cheese, and chives. Mix well.
- Finally, pour potato salad sauce over the potato mixture and mix until sauce is covering all of the ingredients. Mash the potatoes with a wooden spoon (just a little bit) to create a creamy potato salad consistency
- Eat immediately or chill in the fridge to eat cold for later